Saturday, 16 March 2013

OPI's 'Light My Sapphire'

OPI's 'Light My Sapphire' is a deep bluish/purple with silver micro-glitter that gives it an almost cloudy sheen. Since it is a very dark colour, I was worried that the formula would be difficult to work with and bleed easily, but this formula has to be one of the best OPI formulas that I have ever worked with. It has a smooth, buttery consistency and is opaque after applying two coats. Super, just super! 

OPI's 'Light My Sapphire'
OPI's 'Light My Sapphire'
OPI's 'Light My Sapphire'
Despite the great formula, I have to admit that I found myself getting bored of this colour quite quickly. Maybe I'm just too excited for spring but I found the colour to be too deep and dark; not having enough dimension. Since it is named after a gem, I was hoping for a more vibrant shade of blue but it ended up being almost dull-looking in certain lighting. 


What's your favourite OPI nail polish??




xx mindy

13 comments:

  1. This looks rally nice on! x

    Floraldisastersblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is a more fall-kind of polish I think but that doesn't change the fact that it's a nice colour! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any OPI nail laquers - I have a million Revlon and Loreal... does that count? My favourite coulors are the BRIGHT ones. Anything that catches your eye ;)
    This is a nice coulor - but maybe save it for winter.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love OPI polishes and I like the colour too, I can see what you mean about getting a little bored of it, but in nov/dec time I can tell it' a lovely shade to wear!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous nail colour! I love almost black nail colours!!

    http://coquetnoelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love OPI. This colour looks amazing on your nails, congrats :)

    www.101FashionStreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I really like this shade! I don't like to limit vampy nail polishes to the winter time, so I'd definitely wear this year-round. Though my favourite OPI polish isn't a vampy one, it's a coral shade called Cajun Shrimp. My go-to toe nail polish for summer :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this colour it is quite mysterious, but i get what you mean about it being dark, spring is just too exciting hehe
    hope you can check out my blog:)
    Melina x
    http://stylelastsalifetime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a dark nail polish and the glitter accents in this are spot on!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Which is your favourite? beauty post on BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 OR Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2 ?

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. i actually dont have a favourite nail polish.. any red nail polish will do for me lol. but i love this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I'm going into the cooler months here in Aus (finally!) I really love this shade! I'm wearing something fairly similar right now, except it's more purple toned than blue toned.

    sammiejanedrinkstea.blogspot.com.au

    Sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This colour looks amazing! I would love to try out a few darker shades but fear they will stain my nails - but hey I guess that's what the base coat is for!x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this colour is so nice! Id love if we followed eachother! let me know:)

    ReplyDelete