Sunday, 10 March 2013

Mac's 'Hot Tahiti' Lipstick

Hot Tahiti was my very first lipstick that I purchased from Mac. It is a glaze finish and the Mac website describes the colour as a 'reddish-coral." I love this lipstick because it's a very wearable red and very build-able, as well. It's my go-to red lipstick when I want a bit of added drama without having to worry about maintenance throughout the day.


Mac's Hot Tahiti
Mac's Hot Tahiti Lipstick at different intensities
The reason why Hot Tahiti is so wearable, apart from it being a glaze, is because it's a very dynamic colour. If worn lightly, it can come off as more of a pinky-orange shade. If you build the colour, it can come off as a deeper, plummy shade. I personally like wearing Hot Tahiti as more of a lip stain; wearing it quite lightly. If you're wanting something more dramatic, you can apply a red lip liner underneath, or even a darker shade of red lipstick.

Mac's Hot Tahiti
Hot Tahiti is a great shade of red for all those who are just getting their feet wet with red lipstick do not be afraid!!. I highly recommend it!





xx mindy

13 comments:

  1. I've never seen this before but it is a really gorgeous shade x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is a great red lipstick

    Thank you for following. I'm your newest follower right now

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like every Mac lipstick I see is gorgeous: and this is no exception! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're loving this! I picked up Hot Tahiti quite recently and am smitten with it as well! As you've said, it's great as a low-maintenance red lip and lovely as a stain. I have a review of it in the works :) Looks great on you!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous lipstick and looks so pretty on you

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shade xx

    Floraldisastersblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing colour , looks perfect on you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous colour and you're veeery pretty!

    i think i'm a new follower :)

    Asya, xx
    http://www.heaventonight.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous color! I'm so confused when I'm at the MAC counter, I'll check this out
    Thanks for the review & swatches xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color is amazing on you.. I hear MAC products are some of the best make up products out there!


    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh the colour looks great! I've never tried MAC products before, but may have to go and purchase this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just happen to come across your blog through a comment you left on another and I just wanted to saw I LOVE your brows. :)


    xo
    Maggie A
    Love Mavin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!

    xo

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete