Saturday, 22 September 2012

Japanese Fashion Magazine ViVi + clutch freebie!

Vivi September 2012, Issue 11

What I like about Japanese fashion magazines is that there is a magazine that corresponds to each unique sense of style. This is my first time picking up ViVi magazine, and that was specifically because it came with a free clutch! Getting a free bag/makeup bag a few times a year is customary in Japanese fashion magazines, similar to free cosmetic samples in the UK.

Lily Brown Freebie Clutch

Back of the clutch
'Sweet or Cool? I love Both!!' Preach.
The bag is actually quite cheap in quality, but I'd be an idiot if I wasn't expecting this. Regardless,  it is quite a cute clutch, indeed. The magazine even noted that the dimensions are large enough to fit an ipad, so if you're looking for a cute cover that provides little to no protection, go for it!


Another reason why I like Japanese fashion magazines is that a lot of focus is on the clothes. Trending items are pulled and paired with other items, essentially making a whole outfit around one item. The magazine is usually divided into sections, i.e. trending shoes, shirts, skirts, dresses, etc. They also have sections dedicated to makeup looks, hair, even nails.


Every magazine usually has a set of fixed models and they appear in almost every issue. These models essentially become celebrities and the magazine will usually have sections dedicated to a the models' beauty secrets, beauty regimes etc.


I personally really like ViVi because it is targeted for young adults. The fashion is similar to what is trending in the west (more specifically in the UK) so I really like this because I could never pull the cutesy Japanese-girl look although this mag is almost pushing it



The layout of Japanese fashion magazines are also great for creating inspiration boards. AND! they have sections dedicated to street style; something I really really really enjoy. I think every magazine should have street style inserts that are not strictly limited to New York, etc. fashion week, thanks.

I really hope that you enjoyed this post! it's a bit different, but as we all know fashion is universal :p



xx mindy

19 comments:

  1. all the girls in those magazines are so cute;) love your new clutch!!! sending love from las vegas!!!
    -Jasmine O.

    http://www.chicsincity.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jasmine, thanks for dropping by! You're blog looks amazing and I'm following now. Look forward to all your updates! feel free to follow if you like my blog xx

      Delete
  2. super cute clutch! and love the blog

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sultana, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually REALLY enjoyed this post, I never picked up a japanese magazine before it's really interesting to now what's in it! And 'd do anythign to get my hands on that clutch for my ipad it looks perfect!

    Thankyou for your comment on my blog, I'm defiantly following!<3 <3
    Arwasblogpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Arwa! xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Nora :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alessia! xx

      Delete
  7. love this clutch and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Francesca, I checked out your blog and i really like it :) it says you're not following my blog so please feel free to follow back xx

      Delete
  8. what a cute freebie! new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley!! and thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  9. Such a cute post! I'd love you to check out my blog and new facebook page! :)

    http://rebeccape93.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.facebook.com/MakeUpNotMadeUp

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous clutch bag can't believe it's a freebie xx
    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its really amazing and informative blog!!! Thanku so much. Here is something about Japanese style clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! It is really cool & i love how you showed this magazine.
    It's different, but i really enjoyed it.
    I just started following your blog & its wonderful.
    Follow back please & thank you :)
    http://kristinnoelchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the variety of your posts :) Keep up the good work!And getting a free clutch from a magazine is always nice :) I really like this one ;)

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk

    Borislava

    xoxo

    Following you now

    ReplyDelete