Sunday, 26 August 2012

Fall Beauty Essentials

Fall Beauty Essentials


My favourite season is fall, without a doubt. I'm personally not very keen on humid/hot weather; I just can't cope with the excessive  perspiration and my natural curly hair being less tame. I just like feeling clean and for this reason I find the cooler weather more agreeable. 
My makeup tends to follow a similar trend-- lazy simple and low-maintenance. 
I've been eyeing Stella by Stella McCartney for ages. I find the crisp, cooler autumn air really cuts the harshness that certain floral scents exude, so I won't be surprised if this baby makes it's way into my sad modest perfume collection.
Deborah Lippmann's Fashion is an essential for two reasons. One, it will elongate my fingers. And two, I was cursed with brittle, flat and rounded fingernails, so a nude polish would hopefully make them less noticeable. Thanks mom.
they're Real! by Benefit made it onto the list because I've heard a lot of positive buzz and my current mascara is nearly dried out. Wasn't a fan of badgal lash because it didn't hold the curl, so hopefully this would do the trick.
I've been oogling over the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams because I like the idea of a matte lipgloss. You've got to admit-- that sounds pretty cool. I've been into taupe-y/brown's and I'm not a fan of lipgloss, so I'll be purchasing this in the colour London next time I need some retail therapy.
Elaborating on the taupe-y/brown business, Sleek's Blush by 3 trio's have a couple of alluring sets. I've been leaning towards a more boring mature style of makeup, and I think the deep browns and reds in the lace palette, particularly, are delivering. 
As for the falsies, I just want some more drama with less effort. I've never tried falsies before, since my lashes are fairly easy to manipulate, but I guess I just need a little more excitement in my life.

xx mindy

2 comments:

  1. I too have been eyeing Stella by Stella McCartney and all Deborah Lippmann nail polish, my favorite nude nail polishes have to be Nude Beige by Models Own and Geography Teacher by Topshop, great post, i will be checking back soon

    I would love you to check out my new YouTube channel, I post videos about the clothing designs i have been doing, Would love to see you there.. xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AllMyHugsAndKisses/videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been watching some of your vids! looking forward to more. thanks for stopping by!

      xx mindy

      Delete